Thursday 8th Sept 2016
Thanks for your prayers. Yesterday was a busy day at Thursday Bible study -13 people came through our doors to attend lunch and Bible study. I think at least 3 people who had not been before attended. Two new people came from the lodge as I normally go there beforehand to round up and invite people.
The Thursday Bible study cannot meet next week as the Church is being used so please pray that people will return and be prompted to attend.
After Bible study I had another couple of meetings and then went to visit a man in hospital with terminal cancer. His son was there who had moved into the lodge for a day or so but moved out because his x-partner was there. There was also another guy there whom they had befriended in hospital with a bad leg. He had blown his money on the pokies that day.
We sat together I prayed for them all and shared a passage with the man I was visiting so that the others could also hear. The man with the bad leg asked questions which was great to see and I did my best to answer him. All this happened in hospital at the bedside. Opportunities exist around us all the time to speak about Jesus.
Thanks to brother Danny, who attended today to support and participate.
- God will relieve the pain the man with cancer is feeling
- Pray that his son may get his life together with Jesus as his focus, He came out of prison on Father’s day
- Pray God will prompt and remind people to attend Thursday Bible study even though we have a couple of week’s this month where it will be cancelled. This always has the affect of upsetting their routine.
- Please pray for God to provide people to participate in SHUM over October and November as yet I have no one.
- Please pray for September the 29th as I have been just requested by Wesley to help and run a day with youth where we will provide a bbq for marginalised people at a park in Surry Hills as well as other activities for the youth based around homelessness. Pray that we can get all the council approvals and insurances we need at this late notice and pray that there will be time and opportunity to be able to bring Jesus into this equation for the youth and others we meet
Thanks For your prayers